Thank you for the opportunity to serve you and your patients! Our premade forms will help you document symptoms and order sleep studies with ease. Questions? Call (318) 443-1684.
Sleep Referrals Require Two Things:
1 Signed/Dated clinic notes of the suspected diagnosis and correlating symptoms.
Suspected Diagnosis: Obstructive Sleep Apnea G47.33
Symptoms: Snoring or gasping for breath during sleep, Periods of apnea during sleep, Excessive Daytime Sleepiness, High Blood Pressure, Morning headaches.
2 Documentation of the Referral to Red River Sleep Center with patient demographics and clearly stated orders.
That's it. Send those two items and add anything else you feel pertinent to the referral. We'll review the referral, get your patient tested, and send you the results. If you're ordering a sleep evaluation by one of our sleep specialists, and not sleep testing, just indicate that in the special instructions box on the order or your referral notes.
Submitting A Referral
- Click the red "Sleep Testing Order Submission" button below to submit a Sleep Testing Referral Order through our web site. You will be able to attach your clinic documents to the order. (HIPAA compliant).
- Sleep Testing Order Submission
- If you prefer to fax or send your referral using your company's platform, you can download and fill out our order form, or use your own, then fax, email or submit your referral to us. Refer to our Contact Menu below.
Sleep Testing Referral Order Form (PDF)
- You can include these optional forms with your office notes to help patients get insurance coverage for their sleep testing.
STOP-BANG & Epworth Assessment (OSA & EDS)*
Swiss Narcolepsy Scale (narcolepsy type I)CHF Verification Form
- *Download the blank STOP-BANG & Epworth Assessment form above or click through the Free Sleep Apnea Assessment on the patient's behalf and download the results. (HIPAA compliant)
- Free Sleep Apnea Assessment
Main Office (All inquiries)
Phone: (318) 443-1684
Fax: (318) 427-3303
Sleep Testing Inquiries & Referrals
Phone: (318) 443-1684, option 1
After Hours: (318) 443-1684, option 7
Red River Sleep Center, Inc. is accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM) & the Accreditation Commission of Health Care (ACHC).
Secure Online Document Upload
If you are not submitting an order with referral documents using the red "Sleep Testing Order Submission" button above, you can use the "Secure Document Submission" button below to upload and submit documents securely to Red River Sleep Center, Inc. This is intended for routine Provider Referral paperwork, which may include, but is not limited to, the following: Patient Demographics, Clinic Notes, Sleep Testing Orders, Prescriptions, general medical records, and insurance information. (HIPAA compliant)Secure Document Submission
Tips For Identifying Sleep Apnea
Average adult with sleep apnea
- 35 years of age
- Weight 225 lbs
- Height 5'7"
- BMI 35.0
- Complaints of snoring, daytime sleepiness, pauses in breathing, tossing and turning, restless sleep
Pediatrics with sleep apnea
- Similar history as adult, with addition of attention issues, falling asleep during school, abnormal sleeping positions, bed wetting
Common medical history findings
- Snoring, waking gasping for breath, choking, short of breath
- Always sleepy/tired, dragging, fatigue, no energy, driving while sleepy, falling asleep without meaning to
- Insomnia, frequent tossing and turning, moving legs, can't get restful sleep, need to urinate frequently during the night
- Morning headaches, high blood pressure, anxiety, depression, memory problems, dementia
- Coronary artery disease, stroke, CHF, atrial fibrillation, type 2 diabetes, glaucoma, impotence
Medicare Coverage Information
Medicare Covers Sleep Testing For:
- Sleep Apnea
- Impotence (Often overlaps with Sleep Apnea)
Medicare Does Not Cover Testing For:
- Insomnia. (Insomnia often overlaps with other sleep disorders. The most common is Sleep Apnea. If referring a patient for insomnia, utilize the Free Sleep Apnea Assessment to add a STOP BANG and Epworth score to the referral documents and list Sleep Apnea as the suspected diagnosis if applicable.